The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office Emergency Management Division has scheduled its annual countywide test of itsemergency notification systems for Friday, May 7, between 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m.
County Emergency Management will test all components of the Lincoln Alerts emergency notification system in preparation for seasonal wildfire conditions. A specific focus of the systems test will be on the Lincoln Alerts mobile app (powered by Everbridge) and the functionality of receiving information back from those who received the message.
Community members can participate in the countywide test in the following ways:
• Complete a Lincoln Alerts wellness check on your individual profile.
• Opt-in and create a Lincoln Alerts profile for each member of your household if you have not already done so.
• Update your current opt-in profiles to make sure your contact information and addresses are up to date.
• Download the mobile app and log-in (must have a Lincoln Alerts account first).
During the Test:
• Confirm the Lincoln Alerts test message on any of the devices in your profile or your residential or business landline phones.
• Confirm the mobile app message and send back a photo through the mobile app to County Emergency Management confirming the ability to communicate to public safety officials during emergency events.
• Monitor local media partner sites (radio, digital) during the test timeframe to confirm you received a notification through an alternative source.
• Complete the County Emergency Management online participant survey to provide feedback on the test.
County Emergency Management has several redundancies in place to push out emergency notification messages to those who may be in harm’s way due to emerging or imminent disaster situations. The countywide test will use features together, just as it would be in a real disaster response situation.
As part of the test, app users who respond with a photo from one of the categories below will be entered to win a NOAA Weather Alert Radio sponsored by the National Weather Service. Four individuals will be randomly selected as winners. Winning photos will be shared on the Lincoln County Emergency Management Facebook page (@lcemergencymanagement).
Mobile phone app photo categories: disaster go bags; disaster home/work caches; your NOAA radio; any tsunami evacuation signage, maps, etc.; pets; family; co-workers; or summer activity.
Lincoln Alerts user guides available
If you are new to Lincoln Alerts, need a refresher on how to update your profile or use the mobile app, there are handy user guides online to assist you — find them at www.co.lincoln.or.us/alerts. The guides are intended to outline the steps needed to sign up for Lincoln Alerts, download the mobile app and sign up for the community keyword text messages.