The News-Times interviewed legendary Coast Guard lifesaver retired Master Chief Thomas McAdams and author Joe Novello about a book chronicling McAdams' career. The chief shared some stories not in the book, like the time he towed a sunken boat for 50 miles before essentially slinging it up on the beach for recovery.
- Newport to conduct outreach on future taxes
- Plight of abandoned chicks plays out on livestream
- Lincoln City celebrates summer with outdoor events
- Reading Colors Your World at Driftwood Public Library
- Combining science and art
- Weeklong Activate Arts choir camp kicks off Monday
- Local artwork sought for Lincoln City hospital