By Celeste McEntee
I love anything mint chocolate! I also feel like the classic Oreo cookie with mint filling is a match made in Heaven. I am pretty sure that it doesn’t get any better than combining mint chip ice cream, mint Oreo cookies and sweet whipped cream.
This ice cream cake can be made with any flavor combination. Mint chocolate, just happens to be my favorite.
This was a cake my mom made when I was growing up. She would crack open a can of Hershey chocolate topping and drizzle it over the top of each slice when serving. Hot fudge can also be used — give it a try.
Mint Chocolate Chip-Oreo Ice Cream Cake
• 30 Mint Oreos (1 package)
• 2.5 tablespoons butter, melted
• Plastic wrap
• 7-inch springform pan
• 8 ounces heavy whipping cream, add 4 tablespoons of powdered sugar and whip until thick.
• Crush 16 cookies in a food processor. Add melted butter and combine.
• Cover bottom section of springform pan with plastic wrap and secure ring in place.
• Press cookie crumbs into the bottom of prepared pan. Use the bottom of a glass to press the crumbs firmly in place.
• Chill pan in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
• Remove and spread a layer of mint chip ice cream over the cookie base. Break seven Oreos into small pieces and place on top. Then layer more ice cream almost to the top edge of the pan. You’ll have a little bit left over that you can enjoy straight from the box.
• Spread on a layer of whipped cream and place in the freezer for 3 hours. It helps to place your cake and serving plates in the freezer as well to keep the cake cold longer once you remove from the freezer.
• Use a piping bag with tip to create a fun design on top.
• When ready to serve, unclasp the ring to remove it from the cake. Separate plastic wrap from bottom of cake and place on serving plate. Top with remaining 7 Oreos. Cut into slices and serve right away. You can run your knife under hot water and wipe it dry to cut through the cake easily.