The Oregon State University Hatfield Marine Science Center will hold a free virtual open house from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. this Saturday, April 10, as part Marine Science Day 2021.
This annual science event is for families, students and life-long learners. People are encouraged to join this virtual event to find out more about research taking place at Hatfield Marine Science Center.
There will be five virtual rooms people can visit — pick one or explore them all.
• Main Stage: Listen and ask questions of researchers live via Zoom while they share their work.
• Community Art Gallery: Enjoy the art on the Hatfield campus and share your artwork inspired by this year’s Marine Science Day theme — “The Beauty of Science.”
• Exhibit Hall: Explore dozens of interactive displays on research happening at Hatfield.
• Kid Zone: Investigate intertidal animals with an educator, check out live animal interactions, interview an aquarist, learn to draw like an octopus, learn about marine science careers and enjoy hands-on activities.
• Tours: Take a virtual tour of Hatfield’s world-class facility for research and learning. Peek inside the seawater system, dive beneath the waves without getting wet, explore an eelgrass bed and look inside the new vertical evacuation building.
To access this virtual Marine Science Day, go online at hmsc.oregonstate.edu/marine-science-day