Lincoln City is preparing itself for the annual Community Pride Week. To kick off this event, the city will again be offering its services of picking up miscellaneous items such as brush, scrap metal goods, furniture, plastics, etc. This event is co-sponsored by North Lincoln Sanitary Service and the city of Lincoln City. Here are a few guidelines people are being asked to adhere to:
1. This service is provided to North Lincoln Sanitary customers with residential homes inside Lincoln City city limits.
2. Small items must be bagged, not weighing more than 40 pounds.
3. Yard debris — longer limbs and bare lumber — must be neatly stacked or bundled with a maximum of 6 feet in length. Leaves and small items should be bagged or boxed.
4. There is a limit of 4 cubic yards per stop.
5. The following items will not be picked up during the city cleanup:
• Due to DEQ regulations, construction and demolition debris including, but not limited to, items like carpet, flooring, ceiling tiles, drywall, etc.
• Tires, oil products, large appliances, hide-a-beds, paint/hazardous materials, and home garbage.
• Note, North Lincoln Sanitary Service can still handles these items at another time, but they have to be handled outside of the city cleanup.
6. All items need to be curbside and ready for pickup on Tuesday, April 20, at 7 a.m. and will be picked up through the remainder of the week as the crews work though the list of stops.
Call North Lincoln Sanitary at 541-994-5555 to arrange for pickup. You can leave a message after hours. The deadline for calls is 5 p.m. on Monday, April 19.