The Oregon Coast Community College Small Business Development Center is inviting Lincoln County business to take part in a government contracting workshop beginning at 8 a.m. on Saturday, Nov. 6, in Tillamook.
The Tillamook Bay Community College Small Business Development Center and the Economic Development Council of Tillamook County are hosting this workshop to help businesses in Lincoln and Tillamook counties to obtain Small Business Administration certifications, which may help them add government contracts to their business portfolio.
Government contracts can boost revenue for all sorts of firms, from landscapers to caterers, from hoteliers to builders, and everyone in between.
This workshop will provide firsthand perspectives, information and lessons learned from a government industry leading law firm on topics such as:
• Registering your firm to do business on government contracts;
• Qualifying and applying for valuable Small Business Administration small business certifications;
• Leveraging Tillamook, Lincoln and other Oregon counties’ recently acquired status as a Historically Underutilized Business Zone (HUBZone) designated area to obtain a HUBZone certification for your small business;
• Acquiring and leveraging the SBA’s 8(a) Disadvantaged Small Business certification;
• Acquiring and leveraging the SBA’s woman-owned, veteran-owned, minority-owned, and other certifications.
This workshop will also provide direct assistance to attendees interested in starting the application process to one or more of these certification programs. You will also hear of specific examples and a discussion of federal and state contracts coming up in the next 12 months and available to businesses registered in Oregon under one or more of these powerful small business certification programs.
For more information or to register, go to oregoncoast.edu/government-contracting