Nonprofit organizations in Lincoln County interested in applying for social accountability funding from Samaritan North Lincoln Hospital and/or Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital are invited to submit a full proposal no later than 4 p.m. on Monday, Sept. 23.
A complete proposal must address one of the following goals and priorities, include a project description, identify how the project will address health equity, identify the target population the project is addressing and have measurable outputs.
The hospitals’ goals and priorities are:
- Goal: Healthy Families — Increase physical activity, fitness and access to nutritious foods for children and families. Priorities are poverty and food insecurity.
- Goal: Better Networks — Increase social supports for families. Priorities are homelessness and adult shelter.
- Goal: Healthy Kids — Increase services and supports for children. Priorities are child abuse and/or neglect.
- Goal: Healthy Teens — Increase services and supports for adolescents. Priorities are child abuse and/or neglect, poverty and food insecurity.
- Goal: Healthy Seniors — Increase social support for seniors. Priorities are poverty and food insecurity.
Agencies that are planning to apply are encouraged to attend a grant information meeting on Friday, Aug. 23, at 2 p.m. at Gleneden Beach Fire Department Conference Room, 6445 Gleneden Beach Loop.
For more information, contact JoAnn Miller, director of community health promotion, at [email protected] or 541-768-7330, or Rochelle Hazelton at [email protected] or 541-768-5256.