831 NE Avery Street, Newport, OR 97365 • Ph: 541-265-8571 • Fax: 541-265-3862
Current E-Edition

Top Stories Sports Community Entertainment&Arts Business Opinion Obituaries Photos Home 

Law enforcement tip of the week

Posted: Wednesday, Apr 2nd, 2014

Paddlers and aquatic invasive species

prevention permit

Manually powered boats (paddle and oar) 10 feet long and longer are required to purchase an Aquatic Invasive Species Prevention (AIS) permit and carry it when operating the watercraft.  Non-resident paddlecraft operators are also required to purchase a permit and carry it when boating in Oregon waters.       

The Oregon Marine Board sells both an annual and two-year Tyvek tags for paddlecraft and can be purchased through the marine board’s office in Salem or online through the marine board’s new storefront. Permits expire on Dec. 31 annually, or every two years depending on which permit is purchased. Out-of-state permits for non-motorized boats are also $5.

For the complete article see the 04-02-2014 issue.

Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 04-02-2014 paper.

Share on Facebook

Select Page:



Shoppe Hide


Copyright 2017 News Media Corporation

News    Classifieds    Shoppe    Search    ContactUs    TalkBack    Subscribe    Information    E-Edition    Business Portal