Friday, May 17
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Preceptor Alpha Zeta selling handmade bags and purses: Available at Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital gift shop or call 541-265-5959 - Kathie. $8, $12 and $15 to benefit Woman’s Cancer Foundation.
• Canyon Way Restaurant and Bookstore Art Exhibit: 1216 SW Canyon Way, Newport. Featured will be oil paint artist, Anita Sue Andrews, pastel and watercolorist Kaye Gregory and photographer Ginger Gouveia.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Artwork by students in Lincoln County: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, Runyan Gallery, first floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Meet the artists; refreshments will be served. Free. 541-265-6569.
• “Shelter Me”: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Upstairs Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center. Artwork from Seashore Literacy Center in Waldport. Free. 541-265-6569.
• “Cut From a Different Cloth”: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase, second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center. Quilted fiber arts by Theresa Chickering. Free. 541-265-6569.
• “The Honor of All” film screening: 3 p.m. to 6 p.m., Siletz Public Library, meeting room, 243 W. Buford Ave., Siletz. Film tells story of a community in Canada who went from 100 percent alcoholism to 95 percent sobriety. Refreshments. Free.
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Brewer’s Memorial Ale Fest: 4 p.m. to 10 p.m., Rogue Brewery, 2320 OSU Dr., South Beach. Largest dog-friendly beer festival in the world. 541-867-3660 or see www.rogue.com.
• Newport Home and Garden Show: 4 p.m. to 8 p.m., Newport Recreation Center, 225 Avery St., Newport. Featuring dozens of vendors and everything one needs to improve their home and garden; plants, tools, home décor, food and more. Free parking and admission. 541-265-7783 www.newportoregon.gov
• Newport American Legion Post #116 Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 424 W. Olive St. Special is prime rib, plus potatoes, vegetable and dessert. $15.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Devils Lake Community Concert Series - Presidio Brass - Sounds of Cinema: 7 p.m., Lincoln City Cultural Center, 540 NE Hwy 101. $20 advance, $25 at the door. To reserve, call 541-994-9994.
• “Sin, Sex and the CIA”: 8 p.m., Theatre West, 3536 SE Hwy 101, Lincoln City. Comedy by Michael and Susan Parker. $12 adults, $10 seniors (62 and up) and students (over 12); $8 children 12 and younger. 541-994-5663.For the complete article see the 05-17-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 05-17-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook