Wednesday, May 15
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Preceptor Alpha Zeta selling handmade bags and purses: Available at Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital gift shop or call 541-265-5959 - Kathie. $8, $12 and $15 to benefit Woman’s Cancer Foundation.
• Canyon Way Restaurant and Bookstore Art Exhibit: 1216 SW Canyon Way, Newport. Featured will be oil paint artist, Anita Sue Andrews, pastel and watercolorist Kaye Gregory and photographer Ginger Gouveia.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Artwork by students in Lincoln County: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, Runyan Gallery, first floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Meet the artists; refreshments will be served. Free. 541-265-6569.
• “Shelter Me”: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Upstairs Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center. Artwork from Seashore Literacy Center in Waldport. Free. 541-265-6569.
• “Cut From a Different Cloth”: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase, second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center. Quilted fiber arts by Theresa Chickering. Free. 541-265-6569.
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Caregiver support group: noon to 1 p.m., free sessions offered by Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital in conference room A. For information, call 541-574-1820.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. occupynewport.orgFor the complete article see the 05-15-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 05-15-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook