Wednesday, May 8
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Master Gardener “Successful Vegetable Gardening” workshop: 10 a.m. to noon, Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. R.S.V.P. to Kathy Buisman, 541-574-6534.
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia support group: 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Lincoln City Community Center, 2150 NE Oar Place. Free. 541-996-7328.
• “For the Love of Science in Art”: continues through May 13, Ozone Fine Art, 669 SW Bay Blvd., Newport. www.ozonefineart.com 541-265-9500.
• Canyon Way Restaurant and Bookstore Art Exhibit: 1216 SW Canyon Way, Newport. Featured will be oil paint artist, Anita Sue Andrews, pastel and watercolorist Kaye Gregory and photographer Ginger Gouveia.
• Oil Painting Class for Beginners: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Newport Eagles Lodge #2817. Subject is “Ole Forgotten Truck.” 16- by 20-inch canvas and supplies provided for a fee of $50. Potluck. Info, Linda Luckini 541-272-1351.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Party Gras – A Night in N’awlins’ Evening of Fashion: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn. Proceeds benefit patients through funds for Women’s Cancer, CAN Cancer and patient support administered by the Pacific Communities Health District Foundation. For tickets and information, call 541-574-1810.
• Cardio Kickboxing: 5:30 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., Bike Newport, 150 NW Sixth St., Newport. Six-week class. Fee is $60. To register call Daniella at 541-265-9917.
• My Lazy Daisy Mother’s Day Go2Sew Event: 6 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., PUD Newport. Come sew two pampered vinyl totes for yourself and a friend. Full kits provided, goodies, prizes and fun. $55-registration deadline, Friday, May 3. Contact Jennifer Reinhart at email@example.com 541-270-0236.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.org
• PFLAG Meeting: 7 p.m., St. Stephen’s Church, SW Ninth and Hurbert streets, Newport. Bullying film and discussion, support group, social time and refreshments. Everyone is welcome.For the complete article see the 05-08-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 05-08-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook