Friday, April 19
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Great Oregon Coast Garage Sale: continues through April 21. More than 100 garage sales throughout the Lincoln City area. Info 541-994-3070.
• Newport Paper Arts Festival: workshops start at 9:30 a.m. and continue through Sunday at 4:30 p.m. at Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. and additional locations. Second Public opening reception starts at 4:30 p.m. For info or to register call 541-265-6569.
• Yachats Arts Guild April Exhibit: at Canyon Way Restaurant and Book Store, 1216 SW Canyon Way in Newport.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• YAA Annual Photographers Show: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday. Runyan Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. 541-265-6569.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase – Orcas Adrift: noon to 4 p.m., second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Wood sculptures by Coos County artists, Terry Woodall. 541-265-6569.
• “It’s a Matter of Balance” training: 1 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St. Certified coaching training. 541-265-9617.
• Lincoln City Mudflat Golf Challenge: 2 p.m. to 4 p.m., Siletz Bay. Teams of four, or come alone and join a team. $5 flat fee, donated to Taft High School golf teams.
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Beer Tasting: 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., The Wine Place, Hwy 101 and W. Fourth St., Yachats. 541-547-5275 www.iloveoregonwine.com
• Newport Paper Arts Festival Instructors Show Reception: 4:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. Show open Tuesday through Saturday. Upstairs Gallery, third floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. 541-265-6569.
• Spaghetti Dinner Benefit: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Yachats Ladies Club Clubhouse, 286 W. Third St., Yachats. To support Yachats Fire Dept. Ambulance Cardiac Related Equipment Fund. Cost is $10 at the door. For info call 541-547-3205.
• Newport American Legion Post #116 Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 424 W. Olive St. Open to the public. Special is prime rib, potatoes, vegetable and dessert; other entrees served. A special invitation to Coast Guard, National Guard and NOAA personnel, their families and friends. Cost is $15.
• Nye Beach Merchants Block Party: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., extended evening hours and special promotions in stores.
• For ArtSake Gallery Fifth Birthday Party: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., 258 NW Coast St., Newport. Music and Twisted Snout beer tasting.
• Hands-on Pizza Workshop: 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m., Culinary Center in Lincoln City. $50, includes beverage and meal. To register call 541-557-1125.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• “South Pacific”: 7 p.m., Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St. Tickets 541-265-ARTS. Visit www.redoctopustheatre.org
• “Funny Money” by Ray Cooney, presented by One of Us Productions: 7:30 p.m., Yachats Commons, 441 Hwy 101 N., Yachats. Family fun. Tickets at door, $10.For the complete article see the 04-19-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 04-19-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook