Wednesday, April 17
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• “Dine Out Against Child Abuse”: All day at Mo’s Bayfront, Mo’s Annex and Nana’s Irish Pub in Nye Beach, and breakfast and lunch at Fathoms at Inn at Spanish Head, Lincoln City. Benefits Children’s Advocacy Center and CASA of Lincoln County. For info call 541-574-0841.
• Lincoln City’s Community Days: 541-994-3070 or see Facebook at Lincoln City Community Days.
• Yachats Arts Guild April Exhibit: at Canyon Way Restaurant and Book Store, 1216 SW Canyon Way in Newport.
• Master Gardener Soil Building Round Table Workshop: 10 a.m. to noon, Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. No charge. Public welcome. To R.S.V.P. call Kathy Buisman at 541-574-6534 ext. 10.
• YAA Annual Photographers Show: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday. Runyan Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Continues through April 28. 541-265-6569.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase - Orcas Adrift: noon to 4 p.m., second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Wood sculptures by Coos County artists, Terry Woodall. Continues through April 27. 541-265-6569.
• Newport Paper Arts Festival Instructors Show: noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Upstairs Gallery, third floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Continues through April 21. 541-265-6569.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Seal Rock Garden Club meeting: noon, clubhouse just off Hwy 101, Seal Rock. Guest speaker is Brenda Powell of Garland Nursery. Topic: “What’s new in the plant world?”
• Caregiver support group: noon to 1 p.m., free sessions offered by Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital in conference room A. For information, call 541-574-1820.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Toledo Grad Night Taco Fundraiser: 4:30 p.m., Toledo Elks Lodge, 123 SE Alder St., Toledo. Huge tacos and taco salads for $5. Elephant ears also available.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.orgFor the complete article see the 04-17-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 04-17-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook