Friday, April 12
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Yachats Arts Guild April Exhibit: at Canyon Way Restaurant and Book Store, 1216 SW Canyon Way in Newport.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• Ozone Fine Art show - Becky Miller (oils) and Geoffrey McCormack (watercolors): Ozone Fine Art, 669 SW Bay Blvd., Newport. Through April 15. www.ozonefineart.com 541-265-9500.
• YAA Annual Photographers Show: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday. Runyan Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. 541-265-6569.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase - Orcas Adrift: noon to 4 p.m., second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Wood sculptures by Coos County artists, Terry Woodall. 541-265-6569.
• Newport Paper Arts Festival Instructors Show: noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Upstairs Gallery, third floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. 541-265-6569.
• Annual Birding and Blues Festival: through April 14, Kiawanda Community Center, 34600 Cape Kiwanda Dr., Pacific City. www.birdingandblues.com
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. This week’s theme is “Cluck, Cluck.”
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Newport American Legion Post #116 Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 424 W. Olive St. Open to the public. Special is pork barbecue ribs, potatoes, vegetable and dessert; other entrees served. A special invitation to Coast Guard, National Guard and NOAA personnel, their families and friends. Cost is $12.
• The Bird Show Art Exhibit opening reception 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.: Chessman Gallery, Lincoln City Cultural Center, 540 NE Hwy 101. Continues through May 7. 541-994-9994.
• HMSC Science on Tap: 6 p.m., at Rogue’s Brewers on the Bay, South Beach. Waldo Wakefield, NOAA Fisheries and Mark Lomeli, Pacific States Marine Fisheries Commission present “Scientists and Fishermen Collaborating to Reduce Bycatch in West Coast Fisheries.” Free; doors open at 5:30 p.m. Food and drink available for purchase. 541-867-0234.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• “South Pacific”: 7 p.m., Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St. Tickets 541-265-ARTS. Visit www.redoctopustheatre.orgFor the complete article see the 04-12-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 04-12-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook