Wednesday, April 10
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Yachats Arts Guild April Exhibit: at Canyon Way Restaurant and Book Store, 1216 SW Canyon Way in Newport.
• Ozone Fine Art show - Becky Miller (oils) and Geoffrey McCormack (watercolors): Ozone Fine Art, 669 SW Bay Blvd., Newport. Continues through April 15. www.ozonefineart.com 541-265-9500.
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia support group: 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Lincoln City Community Center, 2150 NE Oar Place. Free. 541-996-7328.
• YAA Annual Photographers Show: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday. Runyan Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. 541-265-6569.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase - Orcas Adrift: noon to 4 p.m., second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Wood sculptures by Coos County artists, Terry Woodall. 541-265-6569.
• Newport Paper Arts Festival Instructors Show: noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Saturday. Upstairs Gallery, third floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. 541-265-6569.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Open Mic Poetry Night: 6 p.m., Driftwood Public Library, community room, 801 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City. www.driftwoodlib.org
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.org
• “All in the Family” panel discussion about coming out and coming together with LGBT family members: 7 p.m., St. Stephen’s Church, SW Ninth and Hurbert streets, Newport. All welcome. Support group, refreshments and social time in addition to panel presentation. 541-265-7194.For the complete article see the 04-10-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 04-10-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook