Wednesday, March 20
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• “Golden Dahlias” a quilt owned by Rose Troxel is on display now: at the Log Cabin Museum of the Lincoln County Historical Society, 545 SW 9th St., Newport. For more information call 541-265-7509.
• Ozone Fine Art show – Becky Miller (oils) and Geoffrey McCormack (watercolors): Ozone Fine Art, 669 SW Bay Blvd., Newport. www.ozonefinart.com 541-265-9500.
• Runyan Gallery - YAA Annual Members Show: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, Runyan Gallery, first floor, 777 NW Beach Dr. Artwork by Yaquina Art Association. Through March 31. 541-265-6569.
• Upstairs Gallery – “Beneath the Surface” – Gyotaku prints: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Newport Visual Arts Center, Upstairs Gallery, 777 NW Beach Dr. Gyotaku, fish and fauna prints by Heather Fortner. Through March 30. 541-265-6569.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase – “Twilight Zone”: noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Paintings and mixed media by Horst Wolf. Through March 30. 541-265-6569.
• Seal Rock Garden Club: noon, garden clubhouse, yellow building off Hwy 101, next to Seal Rock Fire Department. Guest speaker Phil Thornburg of Winterbloom Landscape Design and Installation; award-winning green garden designer.
• Caregiver support group: noon to 1 p.m., free sessions offered by Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, conference room A. For information call 541-574-1820.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Toledo Grad Night Taco Fundraiser: 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Toledo Elks Lodge, 123 SE Alder St., Toledo. Huge tacos for $5 each. Elephant ears also available.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.orgFor the complete article see the 03-20-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 03-20-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook