Friday, March 15
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• “Golden Dahlias” a quilt owned by Rose Troxel is on display now: at the Log Cabin Museum of the Lincoln County Historical Society, 545 SW 9th St., Newport. For more information call 541-265-7509.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Runyan Gallery - YAA Annual Members Show: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, Runyan Gallery, first floor, 777 NW Beach Dr. Artwork by Yaquina Art Association. 541-265-6569.
• Taco Lunch/Dinner Fundraiser: 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Siletz Tribal Community Center. Tacos $6, water $1. Help Siletz Valley students raise funds for drug and alcohol free events. Call 541-351-0143 for delivery in Siletz area.
• Upstairs Gallery – “Beneath the Surface” – Gyotaku prints: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Newport Visual Arts Center, Upstairs Gallery, 777 NW Beach Dr. Gyotaku, fish and fauna prints by Heather Fortner. 541-265-6569.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase – “Twilight Zone”: noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Paintings and mixed media by Horst Wolf. 541-265-6569.
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. “Green Stuff” is the theme. Story books, flannel stories and a craft.
• Book Drop and Enter to Win: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Oceanview Senior Living, 525 NE 71st St., Newport. Donate new or used children and teen books for local Read and Feed programs and enter drawing for a Kindle Fire. 541-574-0550.
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Tsunami Preparedness Presentation: 4 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Driftwood Public Library, 801 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City. No R.S.V.P. needed. Free event, open to public. Door prizes.
• Newport American Legion Post #116 Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 424 W. Olive St. Open to the public. Special is prime rib, potatoes, vegetable and dessert; other entrees served. Cost is $12.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Third Seven (aka Billy Mickelson): 7 p.m., Lincoln City Cultural Center, 540 NE Hwy 101. Looping and layering of cello with beats and vocals. $10 advance, $12 at door, free for children 12 and younger. 541-994-9994.
• Jazz Stars Reunion concert: 7:30 p.m., Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St. Fundraising concert for PAC sound system. $25 general, $15 students, at PAC box office or 541-265-ARTS (2787).
• “Rose’s Dilemma”: 8 p.m., Theatre West, 3536 SE Hwy 101, Lincoln City. A comedy by Neil Simon. $12 adults; $10 seniors (62 and up) and students over 12; $8 children 12 and younger. Reservations call 541-994-5663. www.theatrewest.comFor the complete article see the 03-15-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 03-15-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook