Wednesday, March 13
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• “Golden Dahlias” a quilt owned by Rose Troxel is on display now: at the Log Cabin Museum of the Lincoln County Historical Society, 545 SW 9th St., Newport. For more information call 541-265-7509.
• Gear Shed Shops Garage Sale: through mid-March, Newport’s Bayfront, 342 SW Bay Blvd. Bohemian Candle, Childish Tendencies and Kelly’s Treasure will participate. To benefit Newport Sea Lion Docks Foundation.
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia support group: 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Lincoln City Community Center, 2150 NE Oar Place. Free. 541-996-7328.
• Oil Painting Class – beginners to advanced: 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., Newport Eagles Hall, 106 E. Olive St. Subject is a 16- by 20-inch “Ocean Paradise.” Instructor is Linda Luckini. Call a week in advance 541-272-1351. Potluck.
• Runyan Gallery - YAA Annual Members Show: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, Runyan Gallery, first floor, 777 NW Beach Dr. Artwork by Yaquina Art Association. 541-265-6569.
• Upstairs Gallery – “Beneath the Surface” – Gyotaku prints: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Newport Visual Arts Center, Upstairs Gallery, 777 NW Beach Dr. Gyotaku, fish and fauna prints by Heather Fortner. 541-265-6569.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artists Showcase – “Twilight Zone”: noon to 4 p.m. Tuesday through Sunday, second floor, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Paintings and mixed media by Horst Wolf. 541-265-6569.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• HMSC presents Science on Tap: doors open 5:30 p.m. at Rogue’s Brewers on the Bay in South Beach; 6 p.m. presentation by Dan Bottom, NOAA Fisheries: “Celebrating Diversity: Sustaining Pacific Salmon in a Changing World.” Free; appetizers provided. 541-867-0234.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.org
• PFLAG Meeting: 7 p.m., St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, SW Ninth and Hurbert streets, Newport. Features speakers from Confederated Tribes of Siletz on the traditional and modern roles of LGBT (Lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) persons in tribal life with support group and social time as well.For the complete article see the 03-13-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 03-13-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook