Wednesday, Feb. 20
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Caregiver Support Group: noon to 1 p.m., offered by Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital in conference room A. Call for information 541-574-1820.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• South County Diabetes Support Group: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. Topic is “heart health.”
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Toledo Grad Night Taco Fundraiser: 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Toledo Elks Lodge, 123 SE Alder St., Toledo. Huge tacos for $5; elephant ears also available.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.orgFor the complete article see the 02-20-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 02-20-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook