Friday, Feb. 15
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• “Golden Dahlias” a quilt owned by Rose Troxel is on display now: at the Log Cabin Museum of the Lincoln County Historical Society, 545 SW 9th St., Newport. For more information call 541-265-7509.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• “Using Alcohol with Acrylics – session 1” class: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Artists’ Studio Association (ASA), 620 NE Hwy 101, Lincoln City. Ample parking in rear of building, ADA accessible. Instructor Vi Holland. $15. Space is limited; sign up in classroom. Info call 541-996-4442 or 541-265-2678 or visit www.asaart.net
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. “V” is for Valentine.
• Book Drop and Enter to Win: 2 p.m. to 6 p.m., Oceanview Senior Living, 525 NE 71st St., Newport. Donate new or used children and teen books for local Read and Feed programs and enter drawing for a Kindle Fire. 541-574-0550.
• Newport Reader’s Theatre - Stories from the Heart: 2 p.m. at Oceanview Senior Living, 525 NE 71st St., Newport. Refreshments. 541-574-0550 for more info.
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Newport American Legion Post #116 Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 424 W. Olive St., Newport. Special is pork ribs, potatoes, a vegetable and dessert. Price is $15. Special invitation to Coast Guard, National Guard and NOAA personnel.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.orgFor the complete article see the 02-15-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 02-15-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook