Wednesday, Feb. 13
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia support group: 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Lincoln City Community Center, 2150 NE Oar Place. Free. 541-996-7328.
• “Golden Dahlias” a quilt owned by Rose Troxel is on display now: at the Log Cabin Museum of the Lincoln County Historical Society, 545 SW 9th St., Newport. 541-265-7509.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., (new location) First Presbyterian Church, 227 NE 12th St., Newport. Enter through large double doors, then first door to the right. Info, Rita 541-574-9296, or Pat, 541-574-9458. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.org
• PFLAG (Parents Family & Friends of Lesbians and Gays) Meeting: 7 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St., downstairs meeting room. Basic Rights Oregon updates progress toward marriage equality in Oregon.For the complete article see the 02-13-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 02-13-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook