Friday, Feb. 1
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Quilts of Lincoln County Exhibit: at North Lincoln County Historical Museum, 4907 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City. Continues through Feb. 28. 541-996-6619.
• Abraham Lincoln, the Oregon Connection Exhibit: continuous, at North Lincoln County Historical Museum, 4907 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City. 541-996-6619.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Water Media Textures class: 1 p.m. to 4 p.m., Artists’ Studio Association (ASA), 620 NE Hwy 101, Lincoln City. Instructor Arlon Gilliland. $15. Ample parking in rear, ADA accessible. For info call 541-994-4442 or 541-265-2678 or visit www.asaart.net. Space is limited; sign up in advance in classroom.
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. Today’s theme is for stories and craft about “Get Ready for Robots.”
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Coastal Oregon Visual Artist Showcase Artist’s Reception: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr., second floor conference room. “Coastal Catch” sculptural ceramics by Bill Karcher. 541-265-6569.
• Newport American Legion Post #116 Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 424 W. Olive St., Newport. Open to the public. Steak and oysters, potatoes, vegetable and dessert for $15. Special invitation to Coast Guard, NOAA personnel and National Guard.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org For the complete article see the 02-01-2013 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 02-01-2013 paper.
Share on Facebook