Wednesday, Dec. 26
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Whale Watch Week: continues through Dec. 30. From 10 a.m. to 1 p.m., trained volunteers at “Whale Watching Spoken here” sites help visitors spot gray whales during the winter migration. For more info call 541-765-3407 or see www.whalespoken.org
• Whale Watch Week at Hatfield Marine Science Center: 11 a.m. daily marine mammal skeleton tours (limit of 15 people per tour); 1:30 p.m. daily marine mammal presentation. Admission by donation. 541-867-0226. www.hmsc.oregonstate.edu/visitor/
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., Atonement Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 2315 N. Coast Hwy, Newport. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.orgFor the complete article see the 12-26-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 12-26-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook