Friday, Dec. 21
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Handmade Charm Bracelet fundraiser: Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital gift shop, Newport. Preceptor Alpha Zeta Xeta Sigma Chi selling bracelets for $10; proceeds benefiting Women’s Cancer Fund. 541-265-5959.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. Theme is “Festival of Light.” Last Preschool Storytime until Jan. 4.
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Homeless Persons’ Memorial: 3 p.m., Don Davis Park Gazebo, Newport. With Native Gathering Ceremony, prayers, poetry, song, and talk remembering those who have died homeless, without companionship, without comfort. Led by Interfaith Community for Peace & Justice. 541-265-7265 or 541-265-7194.
• Winter Solstice Community Bonfire: 4:30 p.m., Pavillion behind the Yachats Commons, W. Fourth St. and Hwy 101. Sponsored by Yachats Academy of Arts and Sciences. Refreshments; music entertainment. No admission fee but donations accepted. 541-547-4713.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Winter Solstice Celebration: 7 p.m., Driftwood Public Library, 801 SW Hwy 101, Lincoln City. Celebrate the first day of winter with musical performances, readings, poetry and refreshments. Free. 541-996-1242.
• Little Nutcracker - Mouse King Re-Mix in 3D: 7 p.m., Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St. What happens when the Mouse King wins the battle? Tchaikovsky and rock and roll. Admission $12 adult, $10 seniors and students. Presented by Oregon Coast Ballet Company. 541-265-2787.For the complete article see the 12-21-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 12-21-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook