Wednesday, Dec. 19
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Renegade Gallery: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., new art gallery at 56 SW Nye St., next to the Newport Post Office. Hours 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. every day until Dec. 24. Clothing, clay, jewelry, photos, paintings and glass. Info, 541-265-3647.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Caregiver Support Group: noon to 1 p.m., Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital, conference room A, Newport. Call for information 541-574-1820.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., Atonement Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 2315 N. Coast Hwy, Newport. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Sit and Knit: noon to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• South Lincoln County Diabetes Support Group meeting: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. Discuss diabetes products and also foot care. 541-563-5774.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Toledo Grad Night Indian Taco Fundraiser: 4:30 p.m. to 7 p.m., Toledo Elks Lodge, 123 SE Alder St. Huge tacos for only $5 each. Elephant ears also available.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.org
• Holiday Concert with Aaron Meyer: 7 p.m., Lincoln City Cultural Center, 540 NE Hwy 101. $15 advance, $17 at door. All ages. Tickets at 541-994-9994.For the complete article see the 12-19-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 12-19-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook