Friday, Dec. 7
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Annual School House Bazaar: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Nye Beach Montessori School, 144 SW Coast St., Newport. Quality handcrafted treasures created by local artisans - items include lavender sachets, ornaments, jewelry, fleece hats and scarves, baked good and much more. 541-270-2850.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. Theme is “Toes, Feet and Shoes.”
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Winter Members’ Show reception: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., Chessman Gallery, Lincoln City Cultural Center, 540 NE Hwy 101. Show continues through Dec. 28. 541-994-9994.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Festival of Trees - Festive Trivia Dinner Party: 6 p.m. to 10 p.m., Best Western Plus Agate Beach Inn. $40 per person (reservations required). For information and reservations, call 541-574-1810.
• Dinner Theatre: 6:30 p.m. A night of dining and murder with eight suspects. NHS Theatre Department presents Agatha Christie’s classic mystery, “The Mousetrap,” Robinson Theatre at Newport High School on NE 4th. Tickets $15, includes dinner (provided by Cecil’s Dirty Apron) and the interactive play. 541-265-9281 for tickets.
• Devils Lake Community Concert Series - Jason Farnham: 7 p.m. at Lincoln City Cultural Center, 540 NE Hwy 101. Evening of contemporary piano. $20 advance, $25 at door; free for children under 12 with adult. 541-994-9994.
• Mel Brooks’ “The Producers” - Porthole Players: 7:30 p.m., Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St. Tickets at performing arts center. $16 general admission; $14 seniors and students. 541-265-2787.
• Comedy on the Coast: 8 p.m., Chinook Winds Casino Resort, Lincoln City. Tickets $15. 1-888-CHINOOK.
For the complete article see the 12-07-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 12-07-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook