Friday, Nov. 30
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• 32nd annual Holiday House Christmas craft show: 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., Yaquina Bay Yacht Club, 750 SE Bay Blvd., Newport. Everything Christmas, more than 30 consignees, all juried.
• 32nd Annual Holiday Marketplace: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Oregon State University, Memorial Union ballroom, 26th and Jefferson, Corvallis. Handmade craft, fine art and specialty foods made by Oregon artisans plus live entertainment. Free event and open to public. http://mu.oregonstate.edu/craftcenter/holiday-marketplace
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. An hour of stories, fingerplays, and a craft. Theme is “Good Morning!”
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Holiday Open House: 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., For Artsake Gallery, 258 NW Coast St., Newport. Affordable gifts by nine artists. 541-574-9070.
• Otter-ly Amazing Talent Show and Silent Auction: 5:30 p.m., bids close 7 p.m., talent show at 6 p.m., Oceanlake Elementary School, 2420 NE 22nd St., Lincoln City. $3 for 13 and older; free for 12 and under.
• Free Family Dinner and Reading Night: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., Yachats Community Presbyterian Church, 360 W. Seventh St. Featured book is “Owl Moon.” 541-547-4599.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• Oregon Coast Aquarium’s Annual “Sea of Lights”: 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m., 2820 SE Ferry Slip Road, Newport. Miles of twinkling lights, holiday music, bake sale and Santa and his sleigh. $2 and two non-perishable food items, animal food or new unwrapped toy. 541-867-3474.
• “Almost, Maine”: 7:30 p.m., Yachats Commons, 441 Hwy 101 N. One of Us Productions’ comedy. Tickets $10 at Toad Hall and Touchstone Gallery in Yachats; Chuck’s Waldport Video; Newport Performing Arts Center; and at door.
• Mel Brooks’ “The Producers” - Porthole Players: 7:30 p.m., Newport Performing Arts Center, 777 W. Olive St. Tickets at performing arts center. $16 general admission; $14 seniors and students. 541-265-2787.For the complete article see the 11-30-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 11-30-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook