Friday, Nov. 16
• Handmade Charm Bracelet fundraiser: Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital gift shop, Newport. Preceptor Alpha Zeta Xeta Sigma Chi selling bracelets for $10; proceeds benefiting Women’s Cancer Fund. 541-265-5959.
• Anita Sue Andrews Art Exhibit: through November, Waldport Public Library, 460 Hemlock St. Features paintings of scenes in and about Waldport and Yachats. Doors open at 10 a.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Newport Naz’s Joy Group Holiday Bazaar: 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., 227 NW 12th St., Newport. Handcrafted gift items, homemade goodies and cookie walk. Lunch and espresso served both days.
• The Gracenotes: 10 a.m., Fridays, Bayside at South Beach, 411 SE 35th St., South Beach. Women interested in singing 4-part harmony are encouraged to visit rehearsal. Info call Ulla at 541-867-7438.
• Free Blood Pressure Readings: 10 a.m. to noon, every Friday, Newport Senior Activity Center, 20 SE Second St., in library/lounge. No appt. necessary. 541-265-9617.
• Richard Cabral Retrospective and Studio Sale: 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, Runyan Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. New items brought out as items sell. 541-265-6569. www.coastarts.org
• Learn Grief Tools for the Holidays: noon to 1:30 p.m., Samaritan Pacific Patient Financial Services conference room, located at 705 SE Coast Hwy, Newport. For those facing the holiday season after the loss of a loved one.
• Preschool Storytime: 1 p.m., Newport Public Library, 35 NW Nye St. Theme is “Money Matters.”
• Acoustic Music Circle Jam: 3 p.m. to 5 p.m., every Friday, Waldport Community Center, 265 Hemlock St. All levels and listeners welcome.
• Newport American Legion Post #116 Dinner: 5 p.m. to 7 p.m., 424 W. Olive St., Newport. Open to public. Ribs, potatoes, a veggie and dessert; other entrees available. Invitation to Coast Guard, National Guard and NOAA personnel, their family and friends.
• Turkey Bingo and Silent Auction: 5:30 p.m. to 8 p.m., Toledo Elementary, 600 SE Sturdevant Road. Bingo, concession stand, prizes and auction.
• Al-Anon Family Group Meeting: 6 p.m., weekly, T.G.I.F., Umpqua Bank, 355 NW Alder St., Waldport. 541-765-3130. www.oregonal-anon.org
• “Almost, Maine” opening: doors open 6:30 p.m., show at 7:30 p.m., Yachats Commons, 441 Hwy 101 N. Opening show, is a benefit for the Yachats Youth and Family Activities Program. Cost is $35 per person. Live music and appetizers pre show. For tickets call Alice at 541-547-4599.
• Oregon Coast Chamber Orchestra concert: 7 p.m., Yachats Community Presbyterian Church, 360 W. Seventh St. $10 at Mari’s Books in Yachats and Newport Performing Arts Center. www.occo.ws
• Mel Brooks’ “The Producers” Porthole Players’ next production: 7:30 p.m., opens Nov. 16 and runs four consecutive weekends through Dec. 9; Fri. and Sat. curtains are 7:30 p.m., with a Sun. matinee at 2 p.m. Tickets at Newport Performing Arts Center, 542-265-2787. $16 general admission; $14 seniors and students.
• Williams and Ree: 8 p.m., Chinook Winds Casino Resort, Lincoln City. Tickets: $5-$15. www.chinookwindscasino.com 1-888-CHINOOK.For the complete article see the 11-16-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 11-16-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook