Wednesday, Nov. 14
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Anita Sue Andrews Art Exhibit: through November, Waldport Public Library, 460 Hemlock St. Features paintings of scenes in and about Waldport and Yachats. Doors open at 10 a.m. Monday through Saturday.
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia support group: 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Lincoln City Community Center, 2150 NE Oar Place. Free. 541-996-7328.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., Atonement Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 2315 N. Coast Hwy, Newport. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Seal Rock Garden Club: noon, yellow clubhouse off Hwy 101 in Seal Rock. Features Joy Creek Nursery. Visitors and guests welcome.
• NARFE meeting: noon lunch, 12:30 p.m. meeting, Newport Shilo Inn. Guest speaker Steve Wyatt, director of Lincoln County Historical Museum. Active and retired federal employees and guests welcome. 541-547-4532.
• Sit and Knit: 1 p.m. to 3 p.m., weekly on Wednesdays, at Yarn For All Seasons, 3101 SE Ferry Slip Road, South Beach. 541-867-3411.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.org
• Santa/Dog Photos: 7 p.m. to 9 p.m., Lincoln County Fairgrounds, Newport. Get your dog’s photo taken with Santa; you can be in the photo with your dog too. $12 for two 4- by 6-inch photos (same pose). Bring dogs on leashes. Bring two cans of pet or people food for $1 off. Info call Sue Giles Green 541-444-9247.
• Lincoln County Republicans Meeting: 7 p.m., Central Lincoln PUD, 2129 N. Coast Hwy, Newport. Officers will be elected Light refreshments. www.goplincolncounty.com
• PFLAG Meeting: 7 p.m., St. Stephen Church, SW 9th and Hurbert in Newport. Focus of meeting is Homeless Gay Teens with a film and discussion followed by support group and great refreshments. Meeting is open to everyone interested in supporting LGBT families and friends.For the complete article see the 11-14-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 11-14-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook