Wednesday, Oct. 10
• Art Exhibit: Canyon Way Restaurant, 1216 SW Canyon Way, Newport. Will feature the works of mixed media artist Cynthia Jacobi, and oil painter, Anita Sue Andrews. Continues through October.
• Handmade Charm Bracelet fundraiser: Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital gift shop, Newport. Preceptor Alpha Zeta Xeta Sigma Chi selling bracelets for $10; proceeds benefiting Women’s Cancer Fund. 541-265-5959.
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Alzheimer’s and Dementia support group: 10:15 a.m. to 11:45 a.m., Lincoln City Community Center, 2150 NE Oar Place. Free. 541-996-7328.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., Atonement Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 2315 N. Coast Hwy, Newport. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Master Composter Class: 1:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m., weekly for six weeks, Oregon Coast Community College, South Beach. Cost is $60. Register by Oct. 3 at 541-574-6534 or at Lincoln County Extension Office, 29 SE Second St., Newport.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Residents’ Show and Tell: 6 p.m., Sitka Center for Art and Ecology, Otis. Discover what brings the new residents here and the creative directions they might take once they get settled. Free and open to the public. 541-994-5485.
• Creative Wednesdays open studio: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., every Wednesday at Wildwoman Creations, 4030 NE Hwy 101, Lincoln Beach. Bring a project. Free. 541-921-0759.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.org
• PFLAG Meeting: 7 p.m., St. Stephen’s Episcopal Church, SW 9th and Hurbert, Newport. Program includes a Coming Out Party where LGBT members, families and friends will share stories of their coming out experiences; support group and social time with refreshments. Everyone is welcome at this open meeting.For the complete article see the 10-10-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 10-10-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook