Wednesday, Aug. 15
• Handmade Charm Bracelet fundraiser: Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital gift shop, Newport. Preceptor Alpha Zeta Xeta Sigma Chi selling bracelets for $10; proceeds benefiting Women’s Cancer Fund. 541-265-5959.
• Alcoholics Anonymous: 7 a.m., noon, 5:30 p.m. and 7 p.m., weekly, Fellowship Hall, 405 SW 10th St. (10th at Canyon Way), Newport. 541-265-1953.
• Summer Activity Club Program: 7:45 a.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday-Friday, through Aug. 31, Newport Rec Center, ages 3-6; and Frank Wade Park clubhouse, ages 7-12. Field trips, sports, crafts, and more. Sack lunch, snack provided. $90/week, $20/day, or $11 half-day. 541-265-7783.
• Bingo and Lunch: 11 a.m. Bingo; noon, lunch. Every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. To reserve a spot call 541-574-0669. Donations go toward Meals on Wheels, Newport.
• “Exquisite Wax, Northwest Encaustic Artists: 11 a.m. to 6 p.m., Tuesday through Sunday, Runyan Gallery at Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Continues through Sept. 2. 541-265-6569.
• “Absence of Emptiness”: noon to 4 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday, Upstairs Gallery, Newport Visual Arts Center, 777 NW Beach Dr. Featuring artist Juergen Eckstein. Continues through Sept. 1. 541-265-6569.
• Caregiver support class: noon to 1 p.m., offered by Samaritan Pacific Communities Hospital in conference room A. Call for info, 541-574-1820.
• Al-Anon Family Group Wednesday Ones meeting: noon to 1:30 p.m., Atonement Lutheran Church Fellowship Hall, 2315 N. Coast Hwy, Newport. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• South Lincoln County Diabetes Support Group: 1 p.m. to 2 p.m., Waldport Senior/Community Center, Hwy 34. Topics boosting brain health and emergency supplies. Info call 541-563-5774.
• Al-Anon Family Group meeting: 4 p.m., Recovery by the Sea AFG. Congregational Church, 1760 NW 25th St., Lincoln City. 541-765-3130, www.oregonal-anon.org
• Creative Wednesdays open studio: 6 p.m. to 8 p.m., every Wednesday at Wildwoman Creations, 4030 NE Hwy 101, Lincoln Beach. Bring a project. Free. 541-921-0759.
• Benefaction Meditation Community: 6 p.m., every Wednesday, at The Yurt on SE John Nye Road, Newport. Silent sitting and walking meditation, practice talk/reading/chanting. Info contact, Jean 541-224-3713.
• Occupy Newport Community meetings: 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. each week on Wednesday, at Newport Visual Arts Center. Come and share ideas about how to make Lincoln County a better place to live. More info visit occupynewport.orgFor the complete article see the 08-15-2012 issue.
Click here to purchase an electronic version of the 08-15-2012 paper.
Share on Facebook